VeriSM™ Foundation focuses on the VeriSM™ model which emphasizes the focus on value, on outcomes and an organization’s goals. It also includes a unique management mesh, the guidance for choosing the appropriate management practices to establish the product or service. It gives context to Service Management in the digital age and looks at how emerging technologies and progressive management practices can be applied to add value for the consumer.
You will be able to
- Define the elements of organizational governance (evaluate, direct, monitor).
- Describe the impact of digital transformation on service management.
- Explain methods to overcome team challenges (silos, virtual teams).
- Define the elements of the VeriSM™ model.
- Explain how VeriSM™ re-defines service management.
- Explain how VeriSM™ uses the management mesh to create and support services.
- Explain the elements within each of the four stages of the VeriSM™ Model:
- Clarify the key concepts and when to apply Agile, DevOps, SIAM™, Lean as a management practice.
- Define the importance of considering Shift Left, Customer Experience/User Experience, Continuous Delivery practices in service delivery.
- Explain the benefits of cloud, virtualization, and automation.
- Explain the impact of big data, internet of things, mobile computing, bring your own device on service management.
- Define serverless computing, artificial intelligence, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Machine Learning, and containerization in relation to service delivery.
- Identify steps to initiate an improvement program based on VeriSM™.
Who is this certification for?
VeriSM™ Foundation is suitable both for professionals who are new to Service Management as well as those already working within a Service Management environment. This includes graduates and undergraduates, managers, service owners/managers, executives and IT professionals.
The Service Organization
People and Organizational Structure
The VeriSM™ Model
VeriSM™ – A service management approach for the digital age
Claire Agutter, Rob England, Suzanne D. Van Hove, Randy Steinberg
Van Haren Publishing: December 2017